Click Photo to Enlarge
Start/Finish: Turn right out of Wilderness View Cabin Rental Entrance, Fort Mountain State Park will be a little over two miles down the road. From The Overlook Inn Bed & Breakfast, make a left, the entrance is about a mile down the road. Fort Mountain State Park will be on the right, turn in and look for the biker parking lot.
Trail Configuration: Loop
Surface: Single Track 6.3 miles
Highlights: Superb views, technical downhill, rock garden, waterfalls and cascades, tough climb
Total Distance: 6.3 miles
Time Allowance: Beginner 3.5+ hours; Intermediate 2 hours: Advanced 1.5 hours
- From start-ride across road onto trail.
- Mile 0.1-bear left at trail fork.
- Mile 0.8-cross road.
- Mile 1.3-cross road at Cool Springs Overlook.
- Mile 2.1-bottom of switchbacks. Turn right.
- Mile 2.7-turn right on old roadbed.
- Mile 3.0-turn right on trail.
- Mile 4.5-turn right across creek.
- Mile 5.1-turn right on Gold Mine Trail.
- Mile 6.2-turn left to close loop.
- Mile 6.3-finish.